Hiya! It’s been a little while and that’s becuase I am back to work after 9 months maternity leave and it is …. knackering. Rewarding but knackering. We are firmly settled in our routine now and although I feel like … Continue reading
So here’s my list lovelies, I had such fun doing it, here is how you take part. Make a list of 10 things you love and 10 things you hate. Tag 10 awesome bloggers that you love so they can take part and you’re done. How easy is that?
1. My family, they are the best. I know everyone says that about their family. However, here are some facts why mine are the best. My mum is the best lip synca- she uses a straw bent round her ear as a microphone. My dad is the reigning crash bandicoot champ in the household- probably in Kent haha. My brother is just amazing and makes BEAUTIFUL metal and precious stone jewellery- let me know if you ever want a link to his facebook 😉
2. My friends and boyfriend. I just LOVE them, there are no words to describe my group of friends, they are just my absolute rock and without them there would be no sunshine in my life. Cheesy right? James of course, is my wonderful boyfriend and without him I think laughter would just die. 3 Years in and he still makes me smile from the minute I wake up to the minute we go to sleep. Hopefully there will be many more years like this.
3. Cookbooks. I love cookbooks they are my ultimate bed time reading. I have loads and loads from old ones from the 60’s inherited from my nan to nice modern ones that I love trying new recipes from.
4. Buying make up. Right ladies? We all know this feeling too well. It’s an addiction but I love it, I don’t plan on seeking help.
5. Nice Smellies. I love nice smelly things, from candles to bubble bath. If it has a nice pong- I’m buying it. I have far too many room diffusers and bowls of pot pourri.
6. Cheese. I love cheese especially with wine. All cheese is good, I don’t discriminate, I’ll give it all a go. I love making homemade bread to go with it.
7. Shoes. I have a massive shoe collection. I worked in a shoe shop for 6 years, I bought two pairs of shoes most months so you can imagine how many pairs I have. Some of them have probably only been on my feet once.
8. English Breakfast Tea. I drink all sorts of tea but bog standard tetley tea (other great brands are available) is the BEST. I like it in a builders mug with two sugars, just incase I pop round yours, now you know how I like it 😉
9. New stationary. Who can resist a cute notebook or pen, am I right?
10. Blogs, obvs! I love it all- reading new material, meeting new people and getting inspiration to be creative. It’s an awesome world and you really feel like you’re part of something.
1. Liars. There is no need for lies, it gets you nowhere and people always get caught up in their lies sooner or later.
2. Ignorance. People who are not aware of the world around them- there is no excuse.
3. The Dentist. This is probably a big fear of most people I know, no one likes someone else’s finger in your mouth. Right?
4. Wednesdays. I hate Wednesdays, it’s the middle of the week not quite near enough to the weekend. It’s generally a really slow work day for me. Not a fan.
5. People who push religion on others. Just stop, we all believe what we want to believe, just stop it. It’s rude and invasive.
6. Bad breath. Brush, chew chewing gum. There are so many products on the market, there is no excuse peeps.
7. People who push in. I know I sound sooo british. There is a queue just queue in it, if we all abide by the queuing system, it will move a lot faster.
8. Ex on the Beach on MTV. You applied for a show called Ex on the Beach and you’re shocked when your ex turns up on the beach (face palm)
9. Pessimistic people. Im’a cup half full kinda girl. It makes life easier.
10. People who drive like dickheads. Just drive like an normal person, you’re not cool by speeding or cutting someone up on the motorway. In fact, you could kill someone. Think about it!
Phew, that felt a bit ranty but good. Hopefully my Loves cancel out my Hates. 😉
I’m gonna tag….
Aimee at Aimee Writes
Rachel at A Double Jointed Girl and Her Dog
Charlotte at Scarlet Slippers
Carly at Blog with Love
Laura at Loved by Laura
Victoria at Rose Gold Dream
Kirsty at Natterly
Hayley at Shift My Booty
Danni at Gingerbread Smiles
Rach at Rachael Rites
I have tagged bloggers that I love and blogs I love reading. So I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Always welcome to leave me a comment as always.
(the girl who never wears white)
Well, I had the BEST day yesterday. I had good news on the job front and I got nominated for a Liebster award- how bluddy amazing is that? Thank you so much to Liz who nominated me, you can check out her blog at http://makeup-fashion-lifestyle.blogspot.co.uk. Definitely check her out and you can find all of her social media bits there too.
This award is great because it’s for bloggers with 200 followers or less on Blog Lovin’ or Google+, so it helps us lovely lot find new exciting blogs to read and to get people interested in our own blogs. I know, amazing idea! Thank you again Liz for the nomination.
- Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking your nominator’s blog.
- Include the Liebster Award’s sticker in the post as well (you can copy it from above).
- Nominate 10 other new bloggers that have 200 or less followers who you think are worthy of this award and include their links in your post. Also, make sure that you let them know they’ve been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you by your nominator (these questions should be on their post). And make 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Finally, copy these rules onto your post.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I used to write a lot when I was in Uni and kind of got out of the habit when I started work. However, once I got made redundant 2 months ago, I thought why not start again. It’s really helped with my anxiety about being unemployed.
What is your favorite song and why?
My favourite song is UB40 Cherry Oh Baby. It reminds me of my other half, driving around in the summer all over Kent.
If you had to choose one place to live for the rest of your life and you didn’t have to worry about leaving your family/friends where would you live and why?
Oh that’s a good one. I think I would choose Cornwall, I love it there. It’s so beautiful and peaceful, I love the beaches and all the greenery. I could never live in a city for the rest of my life.
If you had to choose one of the following as your favorite: makeup, hair or fashion what would it be and why?
I think I would choose make-up. I am by no means a make-up artist but I do love finding new products and I’m a sucker for a new lippy.
Who is your favorite beauty/fashion vlogger?
My fave vlogger is Megs over at Wonderful U. I love her blog and videos, she’s a lovely girl with a wicked sense of humor and her outfits are always on point (sassy girl emoji here) I found Meg when I worked at my previous job and have followed her Blog and YouTube channel ever since, you can check her YouTube channel here.
Who is your favorite beauty/fashion blogger?
My favourite beauty blogger is Kate over at GhostParties I love her reviews, tips, well everything really. I think it’s a really cool blog, the layout is to die for and I have taken some pretty good recommendations from it. You should defo check it out.
What is the first blog you started reading?
I really can’t remember but I do recall the one that I first started religiously reading is from a extremely funny Northern, fellow gin drinker called Charlie over at Gin Fuelled Bluestocking. Her posts are a mix of everything really, she’s just awesome so check her out!
If you had to live in one other country besides where you live now where would it be?
I would have to say Portugal, I had some of the best holidays of my life there was I was a kid. The old town in the Algarve is so beautiful.
If you had to give one piece of life changing advice to somebody what would it be?
Fight through your bad days to earn the best days of your life.
What is your favorite TV show and why?
Sex and the City, my blog name is actually taken from a quote from the show “I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it, and chair committees, and write thank you notes, and I can’t feel bad about that.” I love the show sooo much, I’m a proper addict. I think it does have some good messages in it about friends, relationships, being independent and love.
So that’s me guys, here are my lovely nominations:
Liz at Beauty Fashion and Lifestyle (who nominated me)
Anna S at Life of Anna S
Abbie at BeautyGardenx
Izzy at Izzy K
Teri at A Cup of T
Steph at Blossom and Bloom Sparkles
Bethany at Fashion Etc
Kathryn at Chapters of Kat
Sophie at Shy Life Living
Alice at Alice Red
Questions for my nominees:
Who is your favourite small blogger?
What is your favourite thing to blog about?
What item in your wardrobe or make up bag couldn’t you live without?
Why did you start your blog?
If you could have anyone at a dinner party who would it be and why?
What advice would you give to other newbie bloggers?
If you could pick three things to take to a desert island what would they be?
If there there was a skill you could master in a day what would it be?
What is the one app you couldn’t live without?
Where would you live if you had to choose to live there forever?
(the girl who never wears white)