Oh hey there… Yup, that’s right its me! I’m back! I’m totally talking to myself right now, but if you are out there and listening… HEELLLOOOO. To say I’m apprehensive about getting back to blogging after pregnancy and giving birth … Continue reading
Another lazy Sunday over here at NWW, we haven’t done an awful lot apart from get up, dressed and made sausage sandwiches. Feels quite productive as I am sitting here typing actually… Anyway onto the post, I have been recently … Continue reading
Happy Sunday you gorgeous lot!
So lately I have been really suffering with my make up clogging up my skin, my face is much more oily than usual and I think it’s something to do with a hormone change but that’s another story.
During a work trip to Scotland I purchased Clinique’s almost powder make up. I had heard that it was super lightweight with an spf and oil free. Tick, tick, tick!
I paid £22.50 for this at duty free but Clinique is available on most department store make up counters. This is the compact with the brush not the foam round which I much prefer. That’s just my preference, I think a brush distributes better on my skin.
I love the packaging it feels much more luxurious than the £22 I paid for it. The coverage is good, very natural so it doesn’t cover every blemish but it’s lightweight which is what I wanted.
The colour is 02 neutral fair, it’s also, as I said Spf 15 which is a bonus for me. It says on the back of the packaging that it is oil free and contains antioxidants, how true that is I don’t know. I can overlook the fact I might have to re apply half way through the day because, look how cute that brush is!
I defo rate this powder and I am finding it much better for skin than my usual Rimmel powder, my skin is less clogged and generally feels less ‘heavy’ if that makes sense.
I would give it an 8/10 and I would really recommend it to anyone who doesn’t want to wear a lot of make up on a day to day basis.
Anyone else got suggestions for light weight powder make up? I would love to hear your thoughts!
(The girl who never wears white)
So, I haven’t posted in quite a while. I got a new job and moved in with my boyfriend which means I have been super busy.
However while sorting all of that out I’ve been taking my time to find the perfect foundation. For years I have used high street brands and have found I few that I really love, for example Rimmel ‘Wake me up’ foundation. I have used this foundation for a number of years and it does generally work for my skin.
But and its a big but, I have suffered in my mid 20’s from weird combination skin- which I never had when I was younger FYI. 😤 This means what I need out of a foundation has changed.
To cut a long story short my friend suggested I try Clinique foundations. She swears by them and suffered with her skin like some women through her pregnancy and after. I went off and found some testers and got cracking.
I tried a couple but ended up deciding on the ‘Beyond Perfecting’ foundation and concealer in 2 Alabaster. At £25 for 30ml it’s not cheap ladies but oh so worth it.
I love the packaging the bottle feels heavy and worth the money.
The wand is nice and big so apply it with this straight to your face, it doesn’t hold too much product which is good because just a tiny amount of this goes far!
I apply it a dab on each cheek, a tiny swipe down my nose and on my forehead and use a stippling brush to blend it around my face and work a bit down to my neck. Here it is on my slightly red face (I’ve been tangling with bed sheets) this is the 8th hour of wear.
I hope you enjoyed this post ladies, let me know what you think and if you have found your perfect foundation.
(the girl who never wears white)
I know everyone is doing back to school/uni posts but after being unemployed due to redundancy, I’m finally back to work! Yay me.👏🏼
After 3 months of being out of my routine, I’ve found some things hard to adjust back into so I wanted to write a post on going into a new job and getting back into a routine. Here’s my 5 top tips.
1. Be prepared to learn. Whether you are starting a new job in a new industry like me or going into a job you are completely experienced in, for me, every job and work place is different. Buy a cute notebook grab some pens and be prepared to take lots of notes.
2. Get more sleep. Duh?! I know it sounds silly but a change to your routine and learning new stuff all day will take it’s toll on your brain. Treat yourself to some bedtime bits, new pj’s maybe? Myself, I would go for this pillow mist to guarantee a relaxing good nights sleep.
3. Treat yourself. What ever your bliss is, indulge it. Don’t go mad on the plastic but buy something to congratulate yourself I needed some new work wear for the office so I bought a few staples for my work A/W wardrobe. I love my new brogue patent heels from Matalan.
4. Be open to criticism. I know it sounds strange for a positive post but you may get things wrong in your new job or your new routine. I know make a mistake, how could you? Relax, you’re human, so if you do receive criticism take it on the chin and try and improve on it.
5. Don’t give up things that make you happy. Try and make time for the things you love, for me it’s cooking, I love a home cooked dinner or a well made cake. I might be shattered when I get in but I always try and find the time and energy to make a nice dinner for me and James. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.
I hope you liked this post lovelies, have you got a new job or had to go through a change in your routine lately? Let me know, I would love to hear from you.
(the girl who never wears white)
So here’s my list lovelies, I had such fun doing it, here is how you take part. Make a list of 10 things you love and 10 things you hate. Tag 10 awesome bloggers that you love so they can take part and you’re done. How easy is that?
1. My family, they are the best. I know everyone says that about their family. However, here are some facts why mine are the best. My mum is the best lip synca- she uses a straw bent round her ear as a microphone. My dad is the reigning crash bandicoot champ in the household- probably in Kent haha. My brother is just amazing and makes BEAUTIFUL metal and precious stone jewellery- let me know if you ever want a link to his facebook 😉
2. My friends and boyfriend. I just LOVE them, there are no words to describe my group of friends, they are just my absolute rock and without them there would be no sunshine in my life. Cheesy right? James of course, is my wonderful boyfriend and without him I think laughter would just die. 3 Years in and he still makes me smile from the minute I wake up to the minute we go to sleep. Hopefully there will be many more years like this.
3. Cookbooks. I love cookbooks they are my ultimate bed time reading. I have loads and loads from old ones from the 60’s inherited from my nan to nice modern ones that I love trying new recipes from.
4. Buying make up. Right ladies? We all know this feeling too well. It’s an addiction but I love it, I don’t plan on seeking help.
5. Nice Smellies. I love nice smelly things, from candles to bubble bath. If it has a nice pong- I’m buying it. I have far too many room diffusers and bowls of pot pourri.
6. Cheese. I love cheese especially with wine. All cheese is good, I don’t discriminate, I’ll give it all a go. I love making homemade bread to go with it.
7. Shoes. I have a massive shoe collection. I worked in a shoe shop for 6 years, I bought two pairs of shoes most months so you can imagine how many pairs I have. Some of them have probably only been on my feet once.
8. English Breakfast Tea. I drink all sorts of tea but bog standard tetley tea (other great brands are available) is the BEST. I like it in a builders mug with two sugars, just incase I pop round yours, now you know how I like it 😉
9. New stationary. Who can resist a cute notebook or pen, am I right?
10. Blogs, obvs! I love it all- reading new material, meeting new people and getting inspiration to be creative. It’s an awesome world and you really feel like you’re part of something.
1. Liars. There is no need for lies, it gets you nowhere and people always get caught up in their lies sooner or later.
2. Ignorance. People who are not aware of the world around them- there is no excuse.
3. The Dentist. This is probably a big fear of most people I know, no one likes someone else’s finger in your mouth. Right?
4. Wednesdays. I hate Wednesdays, it’s the middle of the week not quite near enough to the weekend. It’s generally a really slow work day for me. Not a fan.
5. People who push religion on others. Just stop, we all believe what we want to believe, just stop it. It’s rude and invasive.
6. Bad breath. Brush, chew chewing gum. There are so many products on the market, there is no excuse peeps.
7. People who push in. I know I sound sooo british. There is a queue just queue in it, if we all abide by the queuing system, it will move a lot faster.
8. Ex on the Beach on MTV. You applied for a show called Ex on the Beach and you’re shocked when your ex turns up on the beach (face palm)
9. Pessimistic people. Im’a cup half full kinda girl. It makes life easier.
10. People who drive like dickheads. Just drive like an normal person, you’re not cool by speeding or cutting someone up on the motorway. In fact, you could kill someone. Think about it!
Phew, that felt a bit ranty but good. Hopefully my Loves cancel out my Hates. 😉
I’m gonna tag….
Aimee at Aimee Writes
Rachel at A Double Jointed Girl and Her Dog
Charlotte at Scarlet Slippers
Carly at Blog with Love
Laura at Loved by Laura
Victoria at Rose Gold Dream
Kirsty at Natterly
Hayley at Shift My Booty
Danni at Gingerbread Smiles
Rach at Rachael Rites
I have tagged bloggers that I love and blogs I love reading. So I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Always welcome to leave me a comment as always.
(the girl who never wears white)
Today I wanted to share with you a 2-in-1 product that I have been LOVING at the moment and it’s a bargain around £4.00. What more could you want?
The Neutrogena Visibly Clear is a 2-in-1 daily wash and weekly face mask> Here it is ready for my bath, along with my jammies and Liberty of London print scrunchie 🙂
The consistency is quite thick as you would expect a face mask to be but as soon as you give it a rub under the water, it turns lovely and foamy. It feels really luxurious which I wasn’t expecting when I first started using it.
It starts tightening straight away, ‘scuse the trout pout! haha. I thought I’d better take a photo mid application. Again, it feels so luxurious and goes on nice and thick. It has a cooling effect which feels great, it states to leave it on for 5 minutes but I left mine on while I was in the bath. The mask is designed for a deep clean and to tighten pores, which I totally think it does.
The lighting isn’t great but my skin was left feeling super clean, my pores reduced and this morning my skin had the healthiest glow. I would say this mask is best for combination to oily skin, which mine is, especially if i’m hormonal.
What beauty post would be complete without a Lush product, this is Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner. Just take it into the shower or bath with you, apply over your wet skin and wash off just like a hair conditioner for your skin.
Seriously, thank me later! 🙂
Well, I hope you enjoyed this post my lovely. If you have a face wash or mask you swear by let me know, I would love to hear from you.
(the girl who never wears white)
Another recipe for you guys today and it’s an Italian classic that I love. I’ve just put my usual twist on it to make it how I like it.
So I’m making Tiramisu, which in Italian apparently means ‘pick me up’ or ‘lift me up’, so perfect for making if you need a little lift. With this weather I think we could all use it!
I made this one for James’ grandad’s 80th birthday party and it went down a treat. I was really impressed with how it turned out, so here’s the recipe for you guys…
- 568ml pot double cream
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 75ml Disaronno
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 300ml strong coffee, made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300ml boiling water. I used my costa coffee and brewed it first in a cafetiere.
- 175g pack sponge fingers
- 25g chunk dark chocolate
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
First I put the cream, mascarpone, sugar and liqueur in a big bowl and give it a whisk until it has the consistency of thick whipped cream-see picture on the left- You want it so you will be able to spread it over the sponge fingers later.
Get your serving dish ready, you don’t have to grease it or anything! Pour your brewed coffee into a shallow dish and dip in a few sponge fingers at a time, turning for a few seconds until they are nicely soaked, but not soggy. If they’re soggy you will end up with a mush when you try to serve 🙂
Layer these into your dish until you have used half the biscuits, then spread over half of the creamy mixture. Using the coarse side of the grater, grate over most of the chocolate. You can always use more chocolate if you have a real sweet tooth.
Then repeat the layers (you should use up all the coffee), finishing with the creamy layer.
Cover and chill for a few hrs or overnight. This can now be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days. To serve, dust with cocoa powder and grate over the remainder of the chocolate.
Here’s a few pictures from the bash 😉
(the girl who never wears white)
Well, I had the BEST day yesterday. I had good news on the job front and I got nominated for a Liebster award- how bluddy amazing is that? Thank you so much to Liz who nominated me, you can check out her blog at http://makeup-fashion-lifestyle.blogspot.co.uk. Definitely check her out and you can find all of her social media bits there too.
This award is great because it’s for bloggers with 200 followers or less on Blog Lovin’ or Google+, so it helps us lovely lot find new exciting blogs to read and to get people interested in our own blogs. I know, amazing idea! Thank you again Liz for the nomination.
- Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking your nominator’s blog.
- Include the Liebster Award’s sticker in the post as well (you can copy it from above).
- Nominate 10 other new bloggers that have 200 or less followers who you think are worthy of this award and include their links in your post. Also, make sure that you let them know they’ve been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions asked to you by your nominator (these questions should be on their post). And make 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Finally, copy these rules onto your post.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I used to write a lot when I was in Uni and kind of got out of the habit when I started work. However, once I got made redundant 2 months ago, I thought why not start again. It’s really helped with my anxiety about being unemployed.
What is your favorite song and why?
My favourite song is UB40 Cherry Oh Baby. It reminds me of my other half, driving around in the summer all over Kent.
If you had to choose one place to live for the rest of your life and you didn’t have to worry about leaving your family/friends where would you live and why?
Oh that’s a good one. I think I would choose Cornwall, I love it there. It’s so beautiful and peaceful, I love the beaches and all the greenery. I could never live in a city for the rest of my life.
If you had to choose one of the following as your favorite: makeup, hair or fashion what would it be and why?
I think I would choose make-up. I am by no means a make-up artist but I do love finding new products and I’m a sucker for a new lippy.
Who is your favorite beauty/fashion vlogger?
My fave vlogger is Megs over at Wonderful U. I love her blog and videos, she’s a lovely girl with a wicked sense of humor and her outfits are always on point (sassy girl emoji here) I found Meg when I worked at my previous job and have followed her Blog and YouTube channel ever since, you can check her YouTube channel here.
Who is your favorite beauty/fashion blogger?
My favourite beauty blogger is Kate over at GhostParties I love her reviews, tips, well everything really. I think it’s a really cool blog, the layout is to die for and I have taken some pretty good recommendations from it. You should defo check it out.
What is the first blog you started reading?
I really can’t remember but I do recall the one that I first started religiously reading is from a extremely funny Northern, fellow gin drinker called Charlie over at Gin Fuelled Bluestocking. Her posts are a mix of everything really, she’s just awesome so check her out!
If you had to live in one other country besides where you live now where would it be?
I would have to say Portugal, I had some of the best holidays of my life there was I was a kid. The old town in the Algarve is so beautiful.
If you had to give one piece of life changing advice to somebody what would it be?
Fight through your bad days to earn the best days of your life.
What is your favorite TV show and why?
Sex and the City, my blog name is actually taken from a quote from the show “I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it, and chair committees, and write thank you notes, and I can’t feel bad about that.” I love the show sooo much, I’m a proper addict. I think it does have some good messages in it about friends, relationships, being independent and love.
So that’s me guys, here are my lovely nominations:
Liz at Beauty Fashion and Lifestyle (who nominated me)
Anna S at Life of Anna S
Abbie at BeautyGardenx
Izzy at Izzy K
Teri at A Cup of T
Steph at Blossom and Bloom Sparkles
Bethany at Fashion Etc
Kathryn at Chapters of Kat
Sophie at Shy Life Living
Alice at Alice Red
Questions for my nominees:
Who is your favourite small blogger?
What is your favourite thing to blog about?
What item in your wardrobe or make up bag couldn’t you live without?
Why did you start your blog?
If you could have anyone at a dinner party who would it be and why?
What advice would you give to other newbie bloggers?
If you could pick three things to take to a desert island what would they be?
If there there was a skill you could master in a day what would it be?
What is the one app you couldn’t live without?
Where would you live if you had to choose to live there forever?
(the girl who never wears white)