So yeah, in a blink of an eye we have a one year old. My other half described it best ‘the loudest, fastest, happiest, year of our lives’ and it couldn’t describe learning how to be parents, be a family … Continue reading
Hiya! It’s been a little while and that’s becuase I am back to work after 9 months maternity leave and it is …. knackering. Rewarding but knackering. We are firmly settled in our routine now and although I feel like … Continue reading
For the last month or so I have been trying out a couple of FrezyDerm skincare products. FrezyDerm are cosmetic company who specialise in different areas of skin problems from rosacea to eczema. They aleo specialise in body care, oral … Continue reading
There’s a lot of big changes going on in my life at the moment, as well as having our first child, James and I are going through the process of buying our first house. Which is terrifying and exciting all … Continue reading
Oh hey there… Yup, that’s right its me! I’m back! I’m totally talking to myself right now, but if you are out there and listening… HEELLLOOOO. To say I’m apprehensive about getting back to blogging after pregnancy and giving birth … Continue reading
Another lazy Sunday over here at NWW, we haven’t done an awful lot apart from get up, dressed and made sausage sandwiches. Feels quite productive as I am sitting here typing actually… Anyway onto the post, I have been recently … Continue reading
Happy Sunday you gorgeous lot!
So lately I have been really suffering with my make up clogging up my skin, my face is much more oily than usual and I think it’s something to do with a hormone change but that’s another story.
During a work trip to Scotland I purchased Clinique’s almost powder make up. I had heard that it was super lightweight with an spf and oil free. Tick, tick, tick!
I paid £22.50 for this at duty free but Clinique is available on most department store make up counters. This is the compact with the brush not the foam round which I much prefer. That’s just my preference, I think a brush distributes better on my skin.
I love the packaging it feels much more luxurious than the £22 I paid for it. The coverage is good, very natural so it doesn’t cover every blemish but it’s lightweight which is what I wanted.
The colour is 02 neutral fair, it’s also, as I said Spf 15 which is a bonus for me. It says on the back of the packaging that it is oil free and contains antioxidants, how true that is I don’t know. I can overlook the fact I might have to re apply half way through the day because, look how cute that brush is!
I defo rate this powder and I am finding it much better for skin than my usual Rimmel powder, my skin is less clogged and generally feels less ‘heavy’ if that makes sense.
I would give it an 8/10 and I would really recommend it to anyone who doesn’t want to wear a lot of make up on a day to day basis.
Anyone else got suggestions for light weight powder make up? I would love to hear your thoughts!
(The girl who never wears white)
So, I haven’t posted in quite a while. I got a new job and moved in with my boyfriend which means I have been super busy.
However while sorting all of that out I’ve been taking my time to find the perfect foundation. For years I have used high street brands and have found I few that I really love, for example Rimmel ‘Wake me up’ foundation. I have used this foundation for a number of years and it does generally work for my skin.
But and its a big but, I have suffered in my mid 20’s from weird combination skin- which I never had when I was younger FYI. 😤 This means what I need out of a foundation has changed.
To cut a long story short my friend suggested I try Clinique foundations. She swears by them and suffered with her skin like some women through her pregnancy and after. I went off and found some testers and got cracking.
I tried a couple but ended up deciding on the ‘Beyond Perfecting’ foundation and concealer in 2 Alabaster. At £25 for 30ml it’s not cheap ladies but oh so worth it.
I love the packaging the bottle feels heavy and worth the money.
The wand is nice and big so apply it with this straight to your face, it doesn’t hold too much product which is good because just a tiny amount of this goes far!
I apply it a dab on each cheek, a tiny swipe down my nose and on my forehead and use a stippling brush to blend it around my face and work a bit down to my neck. Here it is on my slightly red face (I’ve been tangling with bed sheets) this is the 8th hour of wear.
I hope you enjoyed this post ladies, let me know what you think and if you have found your perfect foundation.
(the girl who never wears white)
I know everyone is doing back to school/uni posts but after being unemployed due to redundancy, I’m finally back to work! Yay me.👏🏼
After 3 months of being out of my routine, I’ve found some things hard to adjust back into so I wanted to write a post on going into a new job and getting back into a routine. Here’s my 5 top tips.
1. Be prepared to learn. Whether you are starting a new job in a new industry like me or going into a job you are completely experienced in, for me, every job and work place is different. Buy a cute notebook grab some pens and be prepared to take lots of notes.
2. Get more sleep. Duh?! I know it sounds silly but a change to your routine and learning new stuff all day will take it’s toll on your brain. Treat yourself to some bedtime bits, new pj’s maybe? Myself, I would go for this pillow mist to guarantee a relaxing good nights sleep.
3. Treat yourself. What ever your bliss is, indulge it. Don’t go mad on the plastic but buy something to congratulate yourself I needed some new work wear for the office so I bought a few staples for my work A/W wardrobe. I love my new brogue patent heels from Matalan.
4. Be open to criticism. I know it sounds strange for a positive post but you may get things wrong in your new job or your new routine. I know make a mistake, how could you? Relax, you’re human, so if you do receive criticism take it on the chin and try and improve on it.
5. Don’t give up things that make you happy. Try and make time for the things you love, for me it’s cooking, I love a home cooked dinner or a well made cake. I might be shattered when I get in but I always try and find the time and energy to make a nice dinner for me and James. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that.
I hope you liked this post lovelies, have you got a new job or had to go through a change in your routine lately? Let me know, I would love to hear from you.
(the girl who never wears white)