Evening you lot…
Super quick post on one of our fave midweek meals, takes 5 minutes to prepare, and 30 minutes to cook so it really is perfect for when you can’t be bothered when you have had a busy day.
I serve this super simple tart with a bit of watercress tossed with walnuts and a bit of balsamic vinegar. It makes enough to feed four and it’s delicious cold for lunch too. So leftovers are always an option. If you are like us though, chances though the whole lot will vanish.
Excuse the measurements, I hardly ever weigh anything, I cook by eye a lot of the time but a handful is around 100g
Here’s what you will need
Ready Rolled Puff Pastry Sheet
2 Red Onions
125g Mozzarella Cheese
Handful of good Parmesan
Handful of Mature Cheddar
Some Decent Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Handful of Walnuts
Couple of handfuls of Watercress
How it’s done
1. Preheat your oven to 200’OC and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry, roll it until it’s a little bit thinner and crimp the edges.
3. Chop onions into slices, separate and soak the majority of them in a bowl with some vinegar
4. Rub a tiny bit of olive oil on the pastry and sprinkle some of the Parmesan cheese on the base
5. Lay out the onions that have been in the vinegar across the pastry, try to spread them evenly
6. Sprinkle over the mature cheddar and then spread the remaining onions over the tart.
7. Tear the mozzarella and place evenly over the tart, sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over.
8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until you can see the pastry is evenly brown.
9. Toss the watercress in a tiny bit of olive oil and vinegar then add some chopped walnuts, serve a generous portion on top of the tart.
Voila, you’re done. Please do let me know if you try this recipe and what you think. Have you got any fave midweek meals?